Health Care Without Walls
Nurse Practitioner- Full-Time or Part-Time
Founded in 1996, Fonemed seeks to make a positive difference in the healthcare of others through their daily interactions. With a mission “to provide excellence in Nurse Advice, Health Information and Telemedicine for the patients we serve”, Fonemed takes pride in its employees, customers, and industry partners, providing the highest level of quality and outstanding client experience. We pride ourselves on practicing a Culture of Care in everything we do.
Through virtual care, we meet and provide care for individuals where they are, in their homes, communities, or other locations where they live their lives. You share the company’s passion to defy the conventional boundaries of time and distance to get the right care to the right patient when and where it is needed the most.
Fonemed is expanding its services and is looking for passionate and dedicated Nurse Practitioners to add to its exceptional and growing team in a work from home telehealth position. You will assess patients using telephone, video, and chat technology.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible to provide appropriate assessment and care to patients in a virtual clinic environment. The successful applicant works independently in diagnosing conditions, prescribing medications, performing, or ordering diagnostic tests and treatments, evaluating treatments, and providing follow-up care within the continuum of care. The Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive and holistic nursing care to clients including health promotion, injury and illness treatment and prevention.
As an advanced practitioner, the Nurse Practitioner functions in the roles of practitioner, educator, and leader. As governed by provincial regulations, he/she practices independently, collaborating with other healthcare professionals including primary care physicians for issues outside the Nurse Practitioner scope of practice. The successful candidate reports directly to the Director of Client and Clinical Services.
- Assessing client presentation, evaluating urgency of care needed, selecting appropriate level of care, facilitating referrals to other providers where appropriate, and determining follow up required
- Independently and collaboratively assesses, diagnoses, and prescribes in accordance with professional standards, legislation, policies, and clinical practice guidelines
- Coordinates treatment plans and follow up based on appropriate assessments, client and family response and outcomes, collaborating with other healthcare professionals if needed
- Communicates findings and diagnosis to client and/or inter-professional team. Discusses prognosis, treatment options and outcomes with client and/or other team members within the circle of care and documents within the client's permanent health record
- Advocates for clients, assessing their needs and if applicable, referring to appropriate care providers, professionals, or other services in the interest of the continuum of care
- Follow best practice guidelines
- Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- A member of the NLNPA (Newfoundland and Labrador Nurse Practitioners Association) is an asset but not a requirement
- A minimum of 1 year of recent experience as a practicing Nurse Practitioner
- Must have practiced for a minimum of 2 years as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated knowledge of home and community health services
- Family All Ages (FAA) is required
- Experience practicing in a rural setting considered an asset
- Exceptional clinical assessment and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities and problem-solving skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Must have very strong computer and technology skills to be able to deliver virtual care through the use of technology
- Experience and aptitude with e-consult is an asset
- A commitment to professional development
- A passion for telehealth and an advocate for the benefits and opportunities that telehealth offers to patients and clients
- The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of competency in organizational, leadership, interpersonal, team building, communication, decision making and computer skills
- A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority
- Must be located within Newfoundland and Labrador
- You must have your own computer system (2 monitor screens preferred), USB headset, and high-speed internet connection. We will provide a secure access portal to login to
- Shift work including days, evenings, and weekends required
We are flexible in offering either full time or part time and offer a competitive compensation package.
It’s an exciting time at FONEMED and you will have the opportunity to experience and impact the changing face of telehealth in North America. If you want to join this engaged and growing team, please apply now.
FONEMED is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.